Get the rest you need during pregnancy
It can be hard to get a good night sleep and be comfortable when you have a baby bump. You might also experience heartburn, late night visits to the bathroom and leg cramps. Insomnia may become an issue towards the end of your pregnancy.
Things to try:
- Be active during the day
- Catch up on sleep during the day
- Get into a bedtime routine like reading a book, listening to some restful music or taking a long soak in a warm bath
- Have a warm glass of milk before bed
- Try sleeping with a pillow under your legs and another underneath your belly
- Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises.
If you feel like nothing is working and you are exhausted seek help from your healthcare professional.