What are stretch marks and how to prevent them?
- Roughly 50% of women develop stretch marks during pregnancy
- They usually appear as thin, red lines on your tummy in the 2nd or last trimester
- Some women also get stretch marks on their thighs, buttocks and breasts
- After your baby is born, these marks should gradually fade away into silver lines, making them less noticeable.
Preventing stretch marks
There’s nothing you can do that will guarantee you won’t get stretch marks, but there are a few simple steps you can take that may help prevent them:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Massage a rich moisturiser or special anti-stretch mark cream into your skin daily.