240 g lean minced beef or chicken
60 g breadcrumbs, soaked in 2 tablespoons of prepared S-26 ALULA GOLD TODDLER milk drink gently squeezed
1 egg, beaten
1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
2 teaspoons tinned, chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 leeks, washed, outer layer removed, finely sliced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
400 g can tomatoes (salt reduced)
½ tsp beef stock
- Mix together mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and chopped tomatoes.
- Knead mixture for a few minutes until all the ingredients are combined
- Shape into 12 balls and set aside
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, leeks, carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, meatballs, water and stock.
- Bring slowly to the boil.
- Season and simmer for 40-50 minutes until the meatballs, potatoes and carrots are thoroughly cooked.
- Check the temperature and serve.
- Finally add cooked rice and mix through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes